A Mother's Day For Me Afterall...

Last week, I came across an article about International Bereaved Mothers's Day. As an angel mommy, the traditional Mother's Day holiday is one of the hardest days of the year for me. It's hard to find others that truly, truly understand how I feel on days such as Mother's Day and this was something that I had told myself I'd have to learn to live with.

International Bereaved Mother's Day is a time for bereaved mothers to come together, celebrate the memory of those they have lost. This day helps mothers who have experienced infant loss to know that there are others who understand and sympathize with them.



On this Bereaved other's Day, I treasure the short memories of our darling baby girl, Samantha. While next Sunday, Mother's Day will still be a difficult day, I am glad to have found this day to reach out to other mommies in my situation, mothers who are missing their angel just as we are missing ours. We know that she is watching over us and has many other angel baby friends with her.


No comments