Hitting home

Earlier this week, I learned from my grandma that a high school in my hometown community will no longer be allowed to hold the baccalaureate service for graduating seniors at the high school. It saddens me to learn that my community along with so many others is falling to the pressures of society, peer pressure, and are afraid to stand up for their Christian religious rights. I also learned last week that this district will also stop the prayers before each Friday night football game, something I never thought the town of Liberty would allow.


From talking to several people back home, I’ve learned that one person has been offended by the religious service, the traditional baccalaureate service, a traditional service that seniors for many years have attended before their high school graduation.

I do hope that this is not the beginning of a trend for the area. I was raised in a Christian home and community and am very thankful that we did not have to hide our ceremonies or traditions as children in school do today.  

No comments